Missionary Updates COVID-19
People around the world are dealing with the effects of COVID-19.
Click below to see updates and prayer requests from our AFLC Missionaries and ministry partners.
Greetings to you in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
By the grace of our Lord we are all doing good during the outbreak of Corona pandemic disease. And we hope and pray that the same with you all in our AFLC family there in US.
It is our continues prayer that our Lord would take control over this pandemic virus and protect His people all over the world.
In India the lock down is continuing for some more days. However, the AFLC congregations in some parts of A.P are now meeting for worship with small gatherings on Sundays during early morning. But we are waiting for government instructions how to open churches in town areas and in villages. After those instructions I think our pastors will begin church ministry without any trouble.
We thank you for your prayerful support during this difficult time.
Mexico News Report:
Soon the President of Mexico will meet with Pte. Trump. We pray to the Lord that they can solve, with His help, the serious problems of corruption, drugs and weapons that have greatly affected our city of Celaya in these recent days that have killed more than 2,000 people from January to date. A problem that was allowed by the Federal authorities of past Administrations since 2000.
More than 23 thousand deaths from Epidemic in Mexico, with about 200 thousand infections. In Celaya, 15 people have died with more than 5,000 infections.
The 7.5 ° tremor originated from the southwestern coast in Mexico did not have serious repercussions in our State or in Celaya.
ILMC Mexico news report:
Pastors Israel Vazquez, “St. Paul”, Heber Flores, "San Andrés" Church in León and I have been in contact these days due to passing of Brother Mario Valdezpino V. yesterday morning due to the current pandemic apparently. Brother Mario - a small business owner - was a fervent believer since his parents brought him to the knowledge of the Word; he collaborated significantly with his offerings and tithes in the construction of the Temple "San Andrés" in León. Pastor Enderlein met Mario and his wife Eunice, who invited Pastor Ederlein and Congregation for dinner at their house. We appreciate his entire family, for whom we pray to the Lord. Psalm 116:15. Funeral service was at 3:00 pm, in León, led by Pastor Israel
On the other hand, In Celaya, soon we will begin the South construction of the fence at the temple in Celaya; to continue later with God´s help, with the bathrooms that must now contemplate a space for disabled people.
No activity in "Gethsemane" Celaya we have suspended, thank God; although with very little assistance due to contagion, offerings and tithes have increased informs us the Treasurer. To God be the Glory. He touches the believers´ hearts.
México prayer requests:
Pray for the preaching of the sound Doctrine of the Word of God among us; for the Valdezpino family in León; and the construction in "Gethsemane", Celaya.
Pray for Pastor Raul Hernandez in Guanajuato City, Gto., and Pastor Heber D. Flores "San Andrés" in León.
Pray for the Lord's Church in places affected by the Tremor.
Pray that the Lord may grant us to meet all of us as a congregation together after the Pandemic.
Pray for the meeting between our Presidents Trump and Mr. López Obrador. Por pease en Celaya, City.
In Jesus Name.
Uganda News Report: (new information is underlined)
- Day 81 of virus in-country
- This week we went from 507 to 665 cases of virus in-country. Still no deaths. 119 have recovered.
- Suspended: Border crossing.
- Closed: Educational, Religious, and Political gatherings
- Prohibited: Gatherings of more than 5, movement between 7:00 pm and 6:30 am.
- Reopened: Use of private vehicles, businesses, public transport at half capacity, most merchandise and service industries.
- Mandatory use of cloth masks in public. 30 million are planned to be distributed.
Uganda Missionary News Report:
- Ambassador Institute remains suspended.
- The Raans are spending June visiting churches in North Dakota.
- The Bergers continue self-quarantine. They are investigating a shift to the Netherlands.
- The Jores have reestablished travel with Jinja town. Nate continues his discipleship of the leaders of the church in Nabukosi.
- Michael Rokenbrodt Having neared the end of his planned season in Uganda (originally scheduled July 6th), Michael Rokenbrodt is taking advantage of a flight back to the U.S. that has been arranged for returning expatriates by our embassy and the Ethiopian airline. He lands in Minneapolis on June 17th.
Uganda Prayer Requests:
- General: : Now that we have moved from scores of cases to hundreds of cases, we turn to the Lord for closer protection as we feel the virus closing in.
- Michael asks for continued prayer for Lutheran Island Camp in Henning, MN and other camp ministries. (Michael has worked with this ministry for 14 years.) The camp has decided to close their summer season of youth programs for 2020. Michael is in the recording stage of an online theatre project where campers can act from home. They are also meeting for online devotions.