Pastor Jonathan and Tamba began serving in Brazil with AFLC World Missions in 1992. They have three children, April, Thomas and Michelle. April was married to Elijah Neumann in 2014.
Both Jonathan and Tamba grew up in Brazil, speak Portuguese, and have the necessary visas to live there. They are working in the city of Maringa. Maringa is about an hour drive from our seminary and Bible school in Campo Mourao, where Jonathan also teaches on a regular basis. The church in Maringa has purchased a piece of property, and with the help of the AFLC in the USA has built a new building on the site.
Jonathan: March 11
Tamba: January 11
April Joy: Feb. 19, 1992
Thomas: May 19, 1994
Michelle Marie: July 18, 2002
- Wisdom as we begin this new work in Maringa
- Health and safety as we work and travel
- Provision for a new church building
- For April and Elijah as they begin their married life and continue with school.
- For Thomas as he serves as a Men's Dorm Assistant and evening cook at AFLBS.
- Wisdom in working with the national people and leadership
- For the Jonathan Abel's as they return to U.S. on furlough April - July 2017.