There has been no lack of activity in the Open Bible Stories project this past month. Every time we write we’re so excited about what’s going on… and we have to say we’re excited again! In November & December, Open Bible Stories translation projects will be started in over 100 NEW languages! Twenty new languages in India, 42 in Africa, 34 in Indonesia, plus others from around the globe. We know that God is in this work and He is using it for great things.
We returned from another trip to northwestern North Dakota a few days before Thanksgiving. We were blessed with being able to visit several churches in that area during Sunday mornings, Sunday Schools, and mid-week studies. You can see Ben starting off the Sunday School class in Beulah, ND. We had a lovely family Thanksgiving at home and have been able to rest up a lot this past week!
Ben is flying to Southeast Asia this upcoming Saturday (December 13th) for a week-long visit. This trip has several purposes:
- Ben will be attending regional strategy meetings to help determine ways to get Open Bible Stories translated into all of the Asia & Pacific languages.
- As an exploratory trip for our family – Distant Shores Media has asked us to consider relocating to Southeast Asia to work more closely with the Executive Director (Tim, who recently moved there), and so we can be more effective in directly helping the global church. Our location would be within an 8 hour flight of 2/3 of the unreached people groups of the world, making it a very strategic location.
Please join us in prayer as we consider our options and come to a decision. Our goal is to decide by mid-January so that we can get our plans in place.
Other prayer requests:
- We are still praying to be 100% funded by the end of this year – we are currently at 83% – Praise God!
- For Ben as he travels to Southeast Asia and for Adela and kids as they stay home.
- Wisdom in God’s leading in our lives.
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!
Ben & Adela
|If you’d like to donate: please visit http://distantshores.org/give#staff **all gifts are tax-deductible** Our mailing address is: Distant Shores Media PO Box 19229 Minneapolis, MN 55419-0229|