Dear Prayer Partners: September 2017
Let’s rejoice that though we have a ways to go yet, the number of languages waiting for Bible Translation is getting closer to zero! We celebrate again in September since 1966, Bible Translation Day. Thank you for sharing in the vision for all peoples to have access to God’s word in the language that speaks to their hearts.
Thanks for your prayers! Please continue to be in prayer with us for:
- Another Business Intelligence Manager in the IT department at Wycliffe USA.
- More Business Intelligence team members in IT, Wycliffe USA, on campus or remote.
- A better situation for our internet service out here in rural Balaton, MN.
- Protection as we appeal with Wycliffe’s help to our medical insurance regarding $13,500 in costs to be covered regarding Lenaya’s surgery and appointments this year.
- Wisdom and protection over our daughter, Neli, having taken a job/student training position in Williston, FL and will help with a move from FL to TX in October for this job.
- Praise for safe travels driving to Florida for Neli and Steve and Steve’s flight home.
- Blessings on our daughter, Lenaya, as she moves to the Association Free Lutheran Bible School in Plymouth, MN to focus solely on biblical studies for 2 years.
- Praise that she has her surgery and its difficulties along with kidney stones behind her; and she can actually breathe, sleep and smell. She blew her nose for the first time at 18!
- Wisdom and direction as Lenaya looks for part-time work during her studies at AFLBS.
- Problems concerning Lenaya’s vehicle to be resolved so she may have her car at school.
- God’s blessing, wisdom and discernment for our son, Jason, about to be married September 16th. He and Desiree are also embarking on adopting a little boy named Blayden at the same time. He has been in Desiree’s care since he was three months old and is now almost 9 months old.
- Protection and provision over Jason and Desiree in the adoption process and renovations in their house. And praise for Jason’s recovery from a concussion at work this past month.
- Comfort in the loss of Glenda’s dear lifelong friend, Merrilee. Praise and thanks for her life and heart for missions. God’s comfort to her husband, Erik, and three children, Kayla (home after college), Lee (beginning Senior year of high school & in the National Guard) and Matthew (beginning Junior year and may be undergoing more surgery).
- God’s guidance as we adjust to our empty nest, continue in our local ministry activities, travel to share at churches and discover any new turns in God’s plan.
- God to have the glory through the next Bible Translation Celebration. And that more hearts are stirred to join the Bible Translation efforts. You may attend in person or tune in on-line and participate in the work you’ve been supporting. It will be Friday, September 29, 2017. Visit www.wycliffe.org/celebrate to indicate how you’ll attend.
We’re so thankful for your prayerful support. We couldn’t serve to this capacity without it. We are praying with you in concerns as well. We’d love to hear how you are. In Christ, Steve & Glenda Kvale, Wycliffe Bible Translators, Wycliffe USA, IT Support.